Sunday, September 7, 2008

Home

So I am home in Fairfax, Virginia a week earlier than I originally planned.  

I wanted to go to Ikea down in Cincy, and go to this sushi buffet (not Todai), also in Cincy.  

I had to drive all night to get home.  Left Columbus around 12AM and pulled into the drive way around 7:45AM.  It sucked.

Since I've been home, I haven't had a reliable wireless internet connection.  Which is kind of lame, but my internet time has been offset by my TV time.  All I do is watch TV.  And eat.  And maybe do some pushups here and there.  But not enough for it to do any good.  Basically I'm a bum.  And I hate it.

I applied for an internship for the Fall.  I did not get the position.  I'm not sure why.  I thought I interviewed well.  The only thing that struck me as odd was the fact that I wasn't interviewed by an HR rep., but by the intern manager, who by the way, is a rising senior, to my rising super status.  And the girl who was supposed to interview me, also an intern manager, showed up 5 minutes before my interview ended. 

I wasn't really impressed with they way things went, both on their end and my own.  I probably could have answered some questions better, and been more sociable.  But the thing I noticed most about this agency was that out of all the people I saw, a good 85% of them were women.  

I know what you're thinking.  
Holla Holla...

or not.

I honestly do believe I have the necessary qualities to work there.  I won't go as far as to say "the best" because I don't know who I'm up against, and one is never the best at anything.  Unless you're name is Usain Bolt. 

I won't hold it against them that they didn't hire me.  Because this will happen countless times.  But it was hard not getting the positions, simple after having the kind of summer that I had.  

Oh well.  I'll look for another job for the Fall, eventually.

Lately, I've been looking at the people in my life.  Well not everyone, just a few.  And I imagine what movie character they'd be.  It's pretty fun actually.  I won't go into detail, but it's interesting.  

It is September 7th.  

Cleveland Browns vs. Dallas Cowboys!!!  On ABC.  Watch it.

Besides that, I really have no reason to celebrate, because I'm not going back to Columbus until September 22nd or 23rd.  

I'm lonely.

Keep It Real.

No comments: