Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rando

I WISH I WAS DONE WITH SCHOOL.

Left and right all my friends are getting jobs, and I couldn't be more happy for them!  
But within all that joy there is anxiety.  I just wish I was where I am supposed to be.  

If that makes sense.

I'm supposed to be done with school.  But I still have one quarter left.  I don't see that as a failure at all.  I just wish I figured out what I wanted to do earlier in my college career.  But then again, who knows what I'll be doing in 5 or 10 years?

I haven't emailed any HR reps from the MAIP career fair yet...
Partially because I'm lazy/stupid, but also because I don't know what to say.  

I know I need to establish contacts, and build relationship, but honestly, any email I send them will basically be this:

Hi, remember me?  Probably not, but I was at the MAIP career fair, and I don't graduate till December (if all goes according to plan).  I would like to stay in touch with you, so that once I do get close to graduating, I can see if you guys are hiring or not.  And if there are openings, if you'd give me a job!

That's how it goes in my head.  
Of course, I wouldn't actually send that though.  I've got my sights on a company.  But, we'll see.  
Beggars can't be choosers.  

You know that feeling you get when all your friends are out having fun, but for some reason, you cannot join them?  Like that feeling of missing out on something awesome?  

I'm feeling that.  

But I know that I'm here for a reason.  I know that for everything that has happened to me, there is a purpose.  What that purpose is, I do not know, I just know there is a reason for all of this.  I'll figure it out eventually.  But for now, all I can do is wait.  

Waiting sucks.  

There is maybe, and that's a big MAYBE, one reason why waiting can be good.  And that is that during the grueling process of waiting, you might have an epiphany.  

But lets be real, waiting sucks. 

-Waiting to get on a roller coaster sucks.
-Waiting to get a drink/meal at a restaurant sucks.
-Waiting to find out your grade sucks.  (regardless of the grade)
-Waiting for your computer to turn on/off sucks.  (even if I own a Mac)
-Waiting for a movie or CD to download sucks.  (not that I partake in these heinous crimes...)
-Waiting on a table sucks.  (only applicable for waiters.  I've never been one, but I can imagine)
-Waiting for the previews to start at the movie theater sucks.
-Waiting for the previews to be over so the movie can start sucks.
-Waiting for the red light to turn green sucks.
-Waiting for your food at fast-food restaurants sucks.  (it's called fast-food for a reason)
-Waiting for someone to call when you expect it sucks.
-Waiting for someone when you pick them up sucks.
-Waiting to get a ticket for something you have to wait to get into sucks.  (waiting x2!)

This list can go on FOREVER.

You probably hate me right now.  
I don't blame you.

At least you wouldn't have to wait to tell me by leaving me a comment, that is unless you don't have an account on blogger.  In which case, you'd have to wait to tell me...



No comments: