Thursday, December 11, 2008

TR-808


I'm having a hard time focusing.  
I should be studying for my final.  
I should be sleeping.
I shouldn't be on Facebook. 
And I shouldn't be updating my blog.

But, as I'm listening to music, Kanye's 808s and Heartbreaks, I felt compelled to update.

I didn't like Love Lockdown when it first came out.  I'm still not really feeling it, but I've come to the conclusion that I really like Kanye's latest album.  

It's so different, and supposedly genuine.  

Honestly, I take what Kanye West says with a grain of salt, but again, it sounds genuine, and it's not like I personally know the guy.  I give him mad props for this album.  It's not rap, it's pop art (don't confuse with the visual art kind of pop art).

I read up on the album on Wikipedia, because it's such a trusted source.  But for serious, I don't know what I'd do without Wikipedia sometimes.  

The album cover you see here isn't the one that comes with the CD, but this art work will be included in a special Christmas packaging for the CD.  This album art was done by KAWS.  The link leads to his website/blog.  I really like his stuff. 

So I realized that I always end up liking stuff more after I get it.  Especially music.  I'll listen to something and think it's "ehh" or "just okay", but when I listen to it again, way later, weeks, months, maybe a year, I find myself liking it.  I guess my tastes are always evolving.  Then again, if a song or group is flat out bad I try not to give second chances out of principle.  

Okay.  I really should finish my studies.  It's 3:45 AM.  My exam is in less than 12 hours.  

I'm almost done with school.  Assuming I haven't failed any classes this quarter.  
The feeling hasn't settled in yet.  I'm dreading my move out more than I am excited that I'm done.  I'm sure that will change once I put my pencil down tomorrow.  

No comments: