Thursday, December 4, 2008

Last First Final


So I didn't realize that I had a final tomorrow (technically today) until Tuesday.  Which would be one days ago, but again, technically two days ago.

I'm still not close to being prepared for it, but I also don't give a damn.  

I mean, I still want to do well, but I've had a bad case of senioritis since junior year.  I just get lazy, and take advantage of the curve.  I don't think I'm a really smart guy, but I also don't think I'm that dumb either.  I can pass a class with an above average score and do it without trying too hard.  Then again, I've had times where I tried hard and failed to get above a B.  So I guess it evens out.

I'm a man of average to (hopefully) above average intelligence.  

I don't really dwell on it though.  

Lately I've been playing a lot of video games.  I recently beat Final Fantasy XII this past November.  It's taken me almost a year to beat it.  Mostly because I never had time to play it.  But I played the hell out of it this Fall.  I felt really good after beating it.  It almost felt like I moved onto the next chapter of my life because it took so long to beat.  Even my room mates were excited.  

I give the game a 9 out of 10.  But I'm not going to review it, because that would be nerdy, and unnecessary, because there are people who dedicate their time to review games elsewhere.  They also get paid.  

BUT.  One would think, "what do you do, now that you've completed FFXII?"  
Oh, you don't think that?

Well if you did, I have started to play Final Fantasy X.  

I know, lame.

But while on my way to beating FFXII, I sort of got obsessed with Final Fantasy.  They are so much fun to play!  It's not the kind of game where you go around and shoot people, whether it be bad guys or innocent pedestrians, but a game with a quest.  A game where the focus is essentially Good vs Evil.  

These games are so EPIC.  I love epic video games.  They have such value to them.  Maybe not replay value, but when you beat it, you say to yourself, "Man.  That was worth it."

Okay I'll stop with the Final Fantasy jargon before I start sounding more lame.

So as my title suggests, my final tomorrow (today) will be my last, first final.  My last, last final is next Thursday.  Then I'm done with college!

Yay!  

I make it seem like I'm way more excited through text, but in reality, I'm not really excited.  

Let me explain.  I'm excited.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm glad I'm done with school.  But I'm not walking either, so it's not like I'm doing the whole "cap 'n' gown" thing.  

I'm a little worried about a couple things.  I have to move out this month, but I don't live in Ohio anymore.  I can't just drive back and forth from school to home.  I live in Virginia now, and it takes like 6-7 hours to drive there.  I'm not going back and forth.  

I have to throw away a lot of my belongings.  Things I really don't need.  I realized this morning that I don't have a lot of variety in my clothing.  I have a lot of clothes (mostly t-shirts), but I only cycle through 7 or 8.  Which is how it's been for the past couple years.  I can honestly fit all the clothes I wear regularly throughout the week in one laundry bin.  Then again I do have my dress clothes and my outerwear. 

I'm just going to give away or throw away some of my clothes.  Or ship some of it home.  

So after moving out, I have to go home, then after that I have to find a job.  YAY!  I'm totally not excited to look for one.  

I want a job.  I really do.  I just don't want to go through all the trouble to get one.  But I will do it, because I have to.  My motivation to get a job, will motivate me to do the necessary things to get me a job.  If that makes any sense.  

I also might go to Korea for a little if it looks like I won't get a job for a while.  It might be nice to get away, but I would also like to be in America, if I get an interview or something.  Wishful thinking perhaps?

That's my life in a nutshell.

If you are curious as to why I have a picture of a polar bear cub, I don't know what to tell ya.  

I don't know why either.  I just wanted to start the post off with a picture.  A cute one at that.  The cub's name is Knut.  That adorable polar bear cub from Germany.  Of course, Knut is no longer that cute.  Knut is probably no longer a cub either.  But it was hella cute when it was a cub.  This thing is adorable!  I want it as a pet under one condition: it has to stay that small.  

Come on science...get on that.

No comments: