Monday, August 25, 2008

It's that time of the year.

I'm getting excited for football.

Both professional and college.  

The Browns, hopefully they step it up come the regular season, because this preseason has been awful. 

The Buckeyes.  Is this the year?  I got season tickets for my last quarter.  I hope we make it all the way.  

I just had my first fantasy football draft of the year a few hours ago.  It was a little short of 2 hours long.  It took a lot out of me.  For real.  Sitting in front of a computer for 2 hours straight, looking at nothing but football statistics is harsh on the mind and body.  Especially when it's hot.  

Which brings me to a new topic.  
It's nice and cool outside.  I have my windows open.  And my room is still 20 degrees hotter.  It is so nice outside.  It rained earlier today, and the temperature just dropped.  Yet the apartment is still a sauna.  

I guess the wind doesn't blow in Columbus, Ohio.  
It's a real shame.

I semi cleaned my room.  
What I mean by that is, I took all the clothes from my suitcase (the one I used for MAIP) and put my clothes in my drawers and closet.  

Now I can walk across my room without tripping over a pile of clothes or a suitcase.  

I still have miscellaneous articles of clothing lying around, but I'll get those eventually.

I have to prepare for an interview.  It's on Tuesday, so I guess I will dedicate my whole day tomorrow to preparing for it.  I'm a little nervous, but only because the last interview I had was several months ago, and it was 3 hours long.  This one should only be 30 minutes, but I get nervous easily.  I think it's a confidence issue.  

I remember before my 3 hour interview, I went to career services and got a mock interview, and I got good results, except the one area where I needed improvement was confidence.  

I couldn't agree more.  I've always been a little timid.  I'm still working on the whole, self-confidence thing.  I've had issues before, I probably still do, but for the most part, I really don't care what people think.  But that's not the case when I go interview.  Because in that situation, I do care what people think about me.  

My summer definitely helped my confidence.  I got to intern at a big time advertising agency.  I was initially by myself in New York, where I was forced to make friends or else spend 10 weeks by myself.  I don't think I'm good at making friends.  I still don't think I'm good at it, but by the grace of God, I made great friends this summer.  It all comes together in the end.  

I'm tired of rambling.  
Next time I'll have something more interesting to talk about.  

No comments: