Sunday, August 17, 2008

The End of the Chronicles

It's been a week since MAIP ended.  Maybe a little longer, but who's counting?  Not me, that's for sure.  

I got back to Columbus on Wednesday night.  It was, different.  But anything would be different after spending almost 10 weeks in New York City.  

I woke up Thursday morning, and I felt like I woke up from the best dream I've ever had (slight exaggeration...).  My point is, MAIP  is over.  It's actually over.  I went into it, with certain expectations.  I knew it was going to be fun, and I knew it was going to be serious.  But never, ever, did I expect it to be what it actually was.  

I cannot put into words my experience this summer.  Some might read this and think I'm full of it crap, but judgers will judge.  I'll take everything for what it's worth.  

I'm stuck in this state of transition.  I've still got school left, but I'm on the verge of being done.  I'm still in my old apartment, but I have to move out by the end of the month and move into a new place at the same time.  I'm trying to adjust to the pace of life here in Ohio, but I don't want to change.  I like the fast pace lifestyle of NY.  I like being stressed out because the train isn't on time (this one is debatable).  

Okay, so I won't really miss the late trains, and the lack of AC in my 2x4 room.  Or the random torrential downpours, and the awful humidity.  Come to think of it, New York is like an oven during the summer.  But those are the small things in life.  And yeah, sometimes the small things matter, but in this case.  In the grand scheme of things.  They don't mean anything.  

What matters most are the people I was with.  The work that we all did, and the fun that we all had.  

I came here looking for lasting friendships (and a potential job).  I've said this once before.  I'll say it again.  I'm not sure if I have succeeded.  Only time can tell.  What I do know, is that at the moment, I couldn't have asked for better friends.  


No comments: