Monday, July 28, 2008

NYC Chronicles 11

One more full week of work left.  Then Graduation next week.  August 10th, I'll be back in Columbus.

!!!!!!!

I'm going to have a hard time keeping in touch with everyone.  Historical records show, that I'm not good at it.  

I'm starting to get stressed out.  Not the kind of stress where I want to pull my hair out, but I guess it's more like anxiety. 

I don't know.  I try not to think about it, because the more I do, the more anxious I get.  Duh.

There are no real issues I'm dealing with, besides the whole, "what am I going to do after I graduate??"  But I don't have to start worrying about that until I actually graduate...

I want to go home, but I don't want to leave.  

There is this slight feeling of discomfort that makes me wish I was back in Columbus.  Back with the people I'm used to seeing everyday, and doing the things I'm used to doing, and going to the places I'm used to going.  

But at the same time I'm starting to get used to living here in the city, and I'm getting used to the people I see everyday here, and I'm getting used to the things I do here, and going to the places I go to.  

Honestly.  How many people will I really keep in touch with?  How many people will I still be friends with 10 years down the line.  Err...is 10 too long?  How about five?  

How many people will i still be friends with five years from now?  Five years is a pretty long.  So much can change!  If I see someone I know now on the streets five years from now, will they stop and say "Hi"?  Will I?  I honestly don't know.  I want to say that I will, but you never know!

I guess what I want to do is make lasting relationships.

No comments: