Monday, June 23, 2008

NYC Chronicles 05

I'm at work right now.
I actually have a lot of stuff to do, but I just wanted to update.

I've been getting more comfortable here in New York City.
I've always been comfortable in the city, but people wise. I'm starting to make friends, and I hope they are lasting friendships.

If a friendship doesn't last, is it even worth it? I hate to say something like that, but I'm really picky when it comes to friends.

I don't like having a million 'friends'.
Which isn't to mean that I only have close friends, because I can only devote so much time to each person, you know?
I just like to have friends that I know I can trust, and trust is something that is earned from both sides.

This might cause problems for me, because I need to network while I'm out here. Which means, being acquainted with many people. I can't befriend all of them, or any at all. But I have to get my foot in the door somehow. I need to have some connections. Because that's what it's all about. Connections.

But the friends I make during this summer through the program, I hope they are lasting friendships, and I hope they want the same. Because it can't work if one side doesn't want the same thing.

That was longer than I thought it would be...

So, I went out on Friday night, with some friends, and we got split up because some got into the club for free, and some of us got a different color ticket and had to pay $20 to get in. And to think, $20 was the "reduced" cover charge. So I left with a friend, and went to St. Marks and chilled at a bar, then called it a night, and we went back to the lame I-House.

Saturday, I went to Coney Island during the day. There was a Mermaid Parade. Crazy & Hilarious. It was a great day to be at Coney Island weather wise too. I left the group early, by myself to change and go to a BBQ in the LIC. Good times.

I won't go into detail, because, well, I don't want to bore you.

I need to start doing things on the weekdays. Because weekends are starting to get packed.

Back to work...
or, time for lunch!

No comments: