Thursday, May 14, 2009

I've been in Korea for 6 days now, and it's everything I expected it to be. And I didn't come to Korea with lots of expectations. Mainly because I've been here many times in the past.

I do come to Korea more mature, so to speak. I'm a little more perceptive now too. Everyday since my arrival I've ventured into Seoul, taken many pictures and ate delicious food. Except today. I realize that I'm going to be here for 3 - 6 months, so I have plenty of time to explore later too.

Seoul isn't like New York City. New York City is actually really simple to navigate in comparison to Seoul. NYC is a giant grid. Seoul is just a mess in comparison. This is all my perspective of the city. Don't get me wrong. Seoul's great, but I have no sense of direction here.

I don't know when I'm going north, south, east or west. Also, I don't know where things are.
Thankfully the subway/bus system is great. There are a ton of stops, but you should be able to go where ever you need to go via subway or bus. But again, you just have to know the general area of where you're going.

People are a little rude, but I've always known that. One thing bothered me though. I was standing at the subway stop, waiting for the train, and the stop was pretty empty. I'm standing there and this dude shoulders me in the back. This usually happens in a crowded street and people can't help but make contact. This was not the case. I looked at the guy as he walked away, and I looked around me. There wasn't a single person or object within 5 feet of me.
Dude was major dick status.

Anywho, gotta go.

No comments: